floridagatorgirl

23 year old girl scientist, happily married to a man in uniform. In my 2nd year of my PhD, new home owner, and owner of 1 dog and 2 cats.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Tuesday night of happiness

After a one hour seminar on environmental justice (why do they make graduate students attend 15 random seminars every semester? Don't they just know I draw and doodle all over my notebooks the entire time anyway?), I came home to play with my husband. We decided to try a newer restaurant down the road, Grill Master. It used to be a Perkins or something, so I was never too excited about it. But after looking at their online menu and seeing caprice (tomatoes & fresh mozzarella), artichoke/shrimp dip, and a ton of seafood items, we decided to check it out. While getting dressed and fixing my smudged makeup, husband walked up to me and patted my behind. He kind of leaned back, peered at me, then said, "Hmmm, it looks like you're losing some toosh. Don't lose too much of that." He was obviously on my good side all night, and we laughed and talked and had a wonderful time at dinner. I realized we don't really spend much time with just the two of us... we're always with other couples and our friends. I love it though- we're both social creatures and it's fun times.

His softball game was tonight, so I picked up Crystal so we could look for boys for her. Unfortunately, there was probably a 90% chance all the college boys were younger than us, and most of them were short/skinny so we opted instead to spend the game figuring out which guys were probably gay, whose legs were stark white, who had arms like a girl, who had a possibility of being cute, etc. Then we realized there was a girl sitting behind us (a girlfriend of one of the players we were probably critiquing) and most likely heard every word we said. Say it with me: shit. Ah, the life of shallow and petty women... comes back to haunt us. We are actually very giggly and silly and no one would guess I'm a PhD physiology student and she's an engineer girl.

Husband & I went to Coldstone creamery after the game. He got a strawberry milkshake (which I instantly was jealous of and wish I had gotten) and I ordered sweet cream with bananas, almonds, and caramel. His earlier compliments stuck with me, and I only had a couple bites and stuck the rest in my fridge. We curled up in the big green chair and watched The Forgotten and he fell asleep. It was a sweet, happy night. A night I completely cherished because I had no neurology to study, hanging heavily and guiltily over my head.

Sweetness.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! I love the new look!! Have you seen the new look of The Francine? I did it over because I was inspired by your redo.

    I still need help with my link adding though. That night sounded great!
    Did you guys win the game? I worked late, till almost 7, then went home to crash and sleep. Coldstone milkshake sonds so, so good, now I want that!!

    Talk to you soon!!
    Love,
    Miss Chriss

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you see me play last night? I kick butt at softball (and I don't throw like a girl). -josh

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger An American Dante said…

    Hello again! I'm jealous of your solitary evening with the hubby. We haven't done that in a while. I totally get what you mean about that quality time, it is really nice to go on a date just the two of you. We are off to see the realtor tonight, so wish us luck!

    *kisses*
    An American Dante

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger An American Dante said…

    PS

    Where did your links go honey????

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger House Cleaning said…

    Inspiring blog. I love finding blogs this good on
    the internet, when I have the time. I'm going to go
    back to it!
    Look into my de delaware house cleaning blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home