floridagatorgirl

23 year old girl scientist, happily married to a man in uniform. In my 2nd year of my PhD, new home owner, and owner of 1 dog and 2 cats.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

TAG- you're it!

Someone sent me this, and I thought I'd post it here. American Dante and Francine, I want to see yours!! Sorry I can't comment... my stupid computer is messing up. First the power button broke and now it freezes w/ haloscan, which is why I took it off mine. Sorry :( I have to send it to Gateway.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer: 812 files.
2. The last CD you bought was:... Simon & Garfunkel Greatest Hits (for Hubby)
3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? Jeremy Camp, "Walk By Faith"
4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
"Sentimental Journey"- originally an oldie by Doris Day, my grandad used to play this song animatedly on his piano, and my entire family would loudly begin singing along. As a surprise, my mom burned one of his old records of him playing onto a CD and had it played for our first dance at our wedding. I was crying so much I could barely dance, and H had to hold me up. Such a bittersweet but wonderful memory.
"You're So Vain"-Carly Simon. Before any Kate Hudson movie brought this song back into popularity, my Aunt Annette would sing it while she was cooking dinner. Since she lives next door to my mom, I have dozens of memories of her sipping her diet tonic and gin, apron loosely tied around her neck, stirring her pasta sauce and absentmindedly singing her favorite song.
"Little Miss Magic" -Jimmy Buffet. I am a huge Jimmy Buffet fan, and this is one of his obsolete songs from his box set. He wrote it for his daughter when she was born, and the lyrics are so sweet and loving.
"I Can Only Imagine"-Mercy Me. There's just something so... powerful about this song. The first time I heard it, I was covered in goosebumps. This happened again & again. I wonder, would I dance in Your presence?
"You're So Cold"- Rolling Stones. Rolling Stones- another huge favorite of mine. I love classic rock of all forms, but this was one of my firsts. Of course, it also has sentimental value. My mom loves this song and we'd sing it in the car on our way to the beach with the windows down, the radio on top volume, hitting repeat and singing it again. As a young girl, I liked to imagine that my future boyfriends were singing the song about me and I thought it was hilarious.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger An American Dante said…

    Gin and Diet Tonic is my FAV drink! Hee hee. It's okay that you can't comment, FOR NOW. I hope you can get it fixed and get back on though. Maybe you could comment from your work computer or something hon. I will work on you questions and post it soon.

    Love you!

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sarah!

    I miss you, I hope you get your haloscan fixed soon!!
    Check my site soon. Dante helped me with my links, so they are up and running again. That rocks :)

    That looks like a fun questionairre. I REALLY want to catch up soon, especially before I leave. Only a week left.
    I am excited. I like your answers, by the way :)

    Take care.
    Love ya!!
    The Francine :)

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said…

    Wondrous blog. Your site was very pleasing and I
    will go back again! I like surfing the net for blogs
    as good as yours.
    Check out my cosmetic plastic surgery blog, please!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Ca California House Cleaning said…

    Prodigious blog. Loved it so much I went to it
    again! Just go online and search for blogs that are
    worth the value as yours.
    You got me! I will check out your nj new jersey house cleaning blog a.s.a.p!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home