floridagatorgirl

23 year old girl scientist, happily married to a man in uniform. In my 2nd year of my PhD, new home owner, and owner of 1 dog and 2 cats.

Monday, February 07, 2005

boys night

5:00 am wakeup call +

3.5 hours +

*15 long, essay-question handwritten pages =

1 very brain dead girl

I came home tonight to a very happy husband and a sweetly meowing kitten. I emailed earlier to my vet school/veterinarian listserve, and a local veterinarian came by this afternoon and fell in love with her, and took her home. I'm a little sad (I was thinking of naming her Glia) but relieved because really, 3 cats is too much for me right now. I'm also on a dangerous track of becoming a crazy cat lady! I adore them. I'll stick with my 2 for the time being. (btw, American Dante, yours are absolutely adorable!!! I love the pictures!)

My husband and his buddies went drinking this afternoon while I napped. He called me 4 times from the bar to tell me he missed me and to ask if I would come meet them. Silly boy. I'm getting ready, all dolled up (he specifically asked if I would dress sexy tonight, which I am more than excited to do considering I've been wearing gym clothes/sweatpants the last 2 weeks) and we're going to a bar/restaurant then BOYS NIGHT at a gay club.

Yes, that's right. My homophobic, squirrel shooting, camo wearing husband and his buddies picked the bar where boys drink free. I'm delighted, my girlfriends are delighted, and I can't wait to blow off some steam, have some fun, and look drop dead sexy.

More later!

*PS. If anyone would like to know about neural circuitry, organization of the higher and lower cortices in the brain, neural cell development, electrophysiology or special senses, I'm totally your gal.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home