floridagatorgirl

23 year old girl scientist, happily married to a man in uniform. In my 2nd year of my PhD, new home owner, and owner of 1 dog and 2 cats.

Monday, January 31, 2005

To Hoot or Not to Hoot...

Hubby just called from Tampa, where he's doing a patrol for this weekend's Gasparilla. Last year he got his first arrest, so this annual trip is a little exciting for him. He went with Cheater, Crystal's ex-boyfriend scum ball. I can't stand that guy, for many reasons (mainly being that he enjoys cheating on women, specifically my best friend). So for some reason, I was feeling a little... apprehensive about this weekend trip. Visions of philandering men on business trips filled my mind. Not that I don't completely trust Hubby. I do. But I also have an overactive imagination and a certain sense of paranoia. He has been great about calling me & text messaging (he never emails or anything technological so his texting is pretty impressive & meaningful) me to let me know he's thinking of me. He just called after his lunch break.

H: You would be so proud of me, baby.
Me: Why? Did you eat all your vegetables?
H: Yes. But here's the thing: all the guys wanted to go to Hooters for lunch and I told them I didn't want to go.
Me: Really? Why not? [laughing a little at how adorable he is]
H: I just didn't feel like it was the right thing to do, and I didn't want to. I told them I don't go there anymore now that I'm married.
Me: Now that you're married? I didn't realize you usually went there, anyway.
H: Nah, not really. But I'm also the only guy here who goes to church, so kind of wanted to be a good example.
Me: That's a good idea.
H: They all gave me a hard time, so I said I'd just walk across the street to Wendy's while they ate at Hooters.
Me: Did you?
H: They all came with me.

He was so proud of himself. It was so cute, and so sweet & considerate that he'd think about a decision like that. The funny thing is, I really wouldn't have been angry at him for going (although I definitely wouldn't have as much respect for him as this phone call elicited). I just texted his phone saying "Thanks for being such a wonderful husband, I am proud to have you," and he responded, "thank u baby i miss u so much be careful bye."

He's going to be such an amazing father. He's already an amazing husband.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home