floridagatorgirl

23 year old girl scientist, happily married to a man in uniform. In my 2nd year of my PhD, new home owner, and owner of 1 dog and 2 cats.

Saturday, November 27, 2004

handy-woman

Came home from parent's last night to find Fritz & Ryan deep in online poker. They were very excited they won $15, hooting and hollering. I fixed them a big lunch of turkey day leftovers, and Ryan headed up to Georgia cabin for the weekend, leaving us with he & his roommate's two rat terriers, named Frank & Dean in honor of the Rat Pack. They are smaller than my cats.

We decided to go to Home Depot to pick out our new stove and get a Christmas tree. We didn't end up with the tree, but made a spontaneous decision to go ahead and finally tile our kitchen floor. We've been putting it off for months, and I had a 10% off coupon. Our kitchen isn't huge, but they wanted $400 to install it, so we bought the tile and supplies and have been laying, cutting, measuring ever since. My hands ache. My knees hurt. My back is sore. But my kitchen is looking really damn good.

I have to get back to stirring cement... will update more later...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home